The Maternity Hydrant
What is it?
The Maternity Hydrant is a hydration system with drinking tube. Hang, hook or clip your bottle almost anywhere – attach the drinking tube and enjoy convenient, hands-free hydration wherever you are. The Maternity hydrant the sports cap/handle meaning it can be used hands free and on the go.
Why is it unique?
- the flexi-grip handle attaches to almost anything, keeping your drink close by
- the tube allows 24/7 access, allowing you to drink whenever you choose
Who is it for?
The Maternity Hydrant is for new and expectant mothers. It can be used in pregnancy, during childbirth and whilst breastfeeding. Staying properly hydrated during these times is essential.
The are various benefits to using The Maternity Hydrant such as:
- during pregnancy, when mobility can be uncomfortable and tiring
- during labour, when women often experience prolonged periods with little or restricted mobility
- in recovery following the birth, when soreness and discomfort can restrict mobility, particularly following a caesarean section
- at home, when the ongoing demands of recovery, caring for a new born and breastfeeding can mean staying hydrated is a chore
How to use it
Step one: Fill the bottle with water or the drink of your choice and hang it from the bed, day chair, wheelchair or any other convenient spot.
Step two: Take hold of the tube and put the bite valve between your teeth. Then bite down to open the valve and suck to drink. The bite valve opens under pressure and closes when released, so there is no leakage.
Download Instructions for using The Hydrant
Caring for your Hydrant
To ensure your Hydrant is properly cleaning and to extend its life span for as long as possible, please read the following simple instructions:
- do not immerse in boiling water
- dishwasher safe to a maximum temperature of 85 degrees
- wash bottle and cap as required in warm soapy water, and rinse thoroughly
- solutions such as Milton may be safely used to sterilise
- in hospitals, change the tube and valve daily for ward infection control
- tube and bite valve should be replaced regularly or disassembled and cleaned thoroughly.
- We highly recommend using our tube cleaning kit [link]
The Hydrant range is unique: Patented, EC Design Registered, Trademarked